Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Our Elves

Some years I am so exhausted and overwhelmed at the very thought of Christmas (mainly the year I was pregnant). But this year, I have so many big plans and I can't wait to put them all into action. In case you are in a slump and want to piggy back my burst of Christmas Spirit here are some ideas. Feel free to copy!

Last year we got an elf. Asher was very specific about the color of the shoes and hair on said elf so my job of finding just the right one got a little interesting. I found these on Amazon and thought that they weren't nearly as creepy as were cuter than some of the other versions. Since I knew we would be asking Santa to send us a girl elf eventually anyway, I went a head and snagged the pair. They are quite a bit larger than the Elf on the Shelf, so be aware of the dimensions if you decide to order these for your kiddos.

With Asher's help and specifics, we wrote Santa a letter and asked him if he would send us an elf.


Keyes arrived on our doorstep with a small gift and letter from Santa that introduced us to our new friend and explained the reason he was making a visit to our family.
 




This year Asher had a lot more input on our letter and, of course, requested a girl elf for his sister.



So, Keyes will be bringing Piper along for the fun as well. I tweaked the letter above to introduce her and reiterate the reason for the elves' visit.


Keyes & Piper will arrive on December 1 bearing gifts of Christmas pajamas and an Advent Calendar.


They will be welcomed with another party. I'll share details and photos after the celebration has commenced.

I am going to try to share the shenanigans of our elves (they don't really cause trouble as much as have fun and share suggestions for holiday activities) as well as the Advent treats/games.

No comments:

Post a Comment