Monday, October 6, 2014

Autumn Chopped Salad

Not sure why I wait until Autumn to make this. I can get all of these ingredients 365 days a year. And I could probably eat this salad half of those days. Even The Hubbs likes it. I feel like that deserves mentioning because it is a salad. Dudes don't generally dig salads, am I right? But this one has bacon. What wouldn't he eat with bacon on it? I am yet to find out. I digress...





AUTUMN SALAD


Ingredients
2 Romaine heads (are they still "heads" of romaine since they aren't really round?)
2 medium pears
1 cup dried cranberries
1 cup pecans
8 slices cooked bacon
1 container feta cheese
Poppy seed Salad Dressing
Balsamic Vinaigrette

Instructions
Chop and/or crumble everything. Combine.
Combine 2 dressings. I do half and half of each but you can use less Balsamic if you prefer.
Toss dressing with salad.

Tip:
I divide in half and only toss half of it with the dressing. We eat that half for dinner. I don't toss the other half until it is ready to be eaten - like for lunch the next day. Nobody likes a soggy salad. With or without bacon.

No comments:

Post a Comment