Monday, August 25, 2014

7 - Jen Hatmaker

So I am a few years late to the party. Better late than never, I suppose.


This book. It spoke to me. I almost feel violated. Like she has been watching my life and said, "I am gonna write a whole book about what is wrong with this girl." But that's not what happened. Because I am your average American consumer and this book needs to be read by every person I know. And every person they know.

I am so all in to this book. I am rereading it now and taking copious notes. I need to be rehabilitated from my consumer addictions. I am craving a life that shows fruits of the Spirit, not fruits of the Target.

But what my heart wants my flesh fights. For instance, I was laying on my couch, devouring her every word, feeling my soul sing as I read passages from the chapter Possessions and Jen mentions a church website that she says I (her reader) should go visit. So I get up, march myself to my computer and then...

Twenty minutes later I have pinned several vintage Tupperware pieces I have decided I "need". Wow. My problem runs deep. I haven't even looked up the church website.

Lord, help me.

Amen.

P.S. If you have no idea what I am talking about, PLEASE read this book. It will open your eyes, mind and life to so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment